- We share a distinguished history
- Learn about your kinsfolk and forbears.
- The Society can provide limited guidance on your background and origins, but once a link has been found, we can trace descent back to the 13th century.
- Meet fellow Maitlands at social events in the UK, North America and Australia.
- Keep up to date with new research on our shared background through the Yearbook. Newsletters in the U.K., North America and Australia keep members in touch with local events.
- Maitland tartan is a fine demonstration of your membership of a family which has contributed greatly to the development of Scotland, Britain and the United States as well as Australia and New Zealand. The tartan is only available to members of the Society.
- The Maitland tartan, clan badges and other items associated with the family are available only from the Society, and are not sold in retail stores specializing in Scottish items. For merchandise please go to http://www.clanmaitland.org.uk for further information.
To join the Clan Maitland Society of North America please send the Application Form to the Rosemary Maitland Thom, Secretary at the address listed on the application form. Please click on the link on the right for the application form.